Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sydney!!! Woot!

G'Day Everyone!!!

I missed last night so I decided to make one big one all about our journeys in Sydney.

Well yesterday morning we started out at 8 AM for a bus tour around the whole city. Sydney is built on an absolutly gorgeous harbor. Our first stop was at Mrs McCreary's chair. Mrs McCreary was the first governor's wife and he decided to build her a chair that faced the harbor built from stone carved out of the side of the mountains here. I got my picture taken in the chair! We then toured a little and ended up in the country's Opal Collection. People shopped (I didnt). It wasnt very interesting to me, but after that we finally got to see the Sydney Opera House. Contrary to the pictures I have seen, it is not white. Its actually baige! We went inside and looked around and had a tour. Next was lunch...

After lunch we were treated to a boat tour of the Sudney harbor. The houses built on the water's edge are old-timey looking and very appealing. We were showed houses belong to the governor, Russell Crowe, and John Travolta. We came back home and had dinner. Our hotel is directly across from China Town, so dinner was interesting to say the least.

This morning I woke up at 11ish. It felt really good to finally sleep in. A few of us walked to McDonalds (they stared at me very strangely when I asked for my burger plain). At 1230 6 of us met in the lobby of the hotel to go to the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We took a taxi (my first ever cab ride) and arrived there and were told we could go early if we wanted. So we did.

Let me just say that climbing that bridge was an experience that I can compare to no other. It was completly worth the 165 dollars it toook to walk across it. I wish I still had Aussie money and time so I could walk across it again tomorrow. The whole journey took about 3 hours to do and man, am I glad I did it. I was the first person to sing the Carolina Alma Mater at the top of the bridge... did my school proud! Straight up!

After the bridge, some people went to the Opera House to watch a show. I would have gone, but the show was one of my least favorite ever (Wizard of OZ) so I decided to walk Sydney seeing as it is my last night. It wasn't even a play of WOZ! The company had sold the movie to the Opear House yet removed all the music so the symphony could play the music along with the movie. Plus it was $$$$$. No thank you. :)

Im back at the hotel now. We have our last afternoon in a different country here tomorrow. Then its off to Honolulu!

I love you all. I hope you are all doing well! I'll see you when I come home in just a few more days.

God is amazing

God be with you
Bill <><

5 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Dad said...

I am glad to hear that you are having a great time. How about everybody else? Has everyone been healthy? Are you all getting along?

It's Wednesday, so we will see you in 4 days. It seems like you have been gone a year.

We saw Ben last night. He is at USC for orientation.

Have fun! Love you,

Dad

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger ann said...

Bill,
I'm glad you are having fun. I wish I could have walked across the bridge too! I'm sure it was breath taking.I'm sure Papa heard you singing and was so proud of you!
As Daddy said we saw Lew,Maelu and Ben last night it was fun .We ate at yesterdays. We then went to Java Lava with Jenn and Wright as soon as I walked in I said this place looks just like something Bill would like.
Dapper continues to swim in the lake with his tail wagging straight up in the air and a smile on his face.
Wright and his friends are coming up for a cookout tonite and then we leave in the morning to go home but will make a trip by the farm on the way out.
Can't wait to see you!
Don't forget some sunscreen!
I love you,
Mama

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Catherine Ann said...

this sounds like my favorite so far. I wish I could have been there. It sounds amazing. You did your school proud, you did you family proud. Papa would love to know how you sung the song. I'm sure he was right there with you the whole way. I love you! See you in a few days!!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger heather+nicole said...

Mrs McCreary sound like a nanny's name! Sorry it just does! I would have loved to go in the Sydney Opera House, but that about the Wizard of Oz, what bologna ahh! Wow I can't believe you climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, wait actually I can believe it! That is awesome, I hope it wasn't toooo windy! I bet the old houses were gorgeous...i love old-timey houses! They are a beautiful mystery! Well I have acquired all my summer reading books ahh! Wow, by the end of the summer I will be cross-eyed! Allie is sick with strep...poor girl! Catie and Amanda are debating whethere to get their ears pierced, Catie I believe is going to go through with it today in fact, Amanda, I am not so sure of! But days are ok over here at the boys and girls club, with the GP, getting into the swing of summer! I hope your trip all-in-all was awesome! Can't wait to see you when you get home!

God Bless
Be Safe
Have Fun

heather+nicole

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Katey said...

Wow that's really lame about the WOZ. Glad you're still having fun. Is Reed on the trip with ya'll?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home