Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rainforest and SmoGo

Today was the most fun I have had on this entire trip!

Our OKA left at 730 this morning to go on our 4 wheel drive excursion through the rainforest! An OKA is an Aussie car that is built like a tank. We got to see wild kangaroos and koalas! After about an hour, we stopped for some SmoGo where we had Scones with fresh cream to eat and Mocha to drink. Then we got back on and rode for a few more hours. We stopped to have lunch. STEAK!! Word! At lunch we were taught to crack a bull whip and throw boomerangs. Who was the first to master both? Me! I mastered the over head crack so well that a guy thought I had been in the rodeo. He asked "Hell you from, Texas?" I responded "Georgia" *CRACK* All the people around me were like "OOOOH!" Got back onto the OKA. Saw more wild roos and wallabies and koalas. Then we went for a walk in the rainforest. Saw a waterfall. Walked on a swinging bridge and fed birds (one ate my finger).

Now Im back about 10 hours later in the hotel. I just had Hard Rock Cafe and I headed to watch some more rugby!

Love you all!
Bill <><

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger ann said...

Hey,
The rainforest sounded GREAT !Maybe you have found a new hobby with the rodeo !
I remember walking on a swinging bridge with my great grandmother. It was so awesome.
love you,
Mama

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger heather+nicole said...

I wouldn't mind seeing an OKA! Koalas and kangaross...yay! SmoGo?
Steak doesn't sound bad at all! I am trying to picture you cracking a bull whip at this very moment! Haha! Boomerang..that too! I think I would have loved seeing the waterfall! Walking on the swinging bridge not soo much enthusiasm! Hard Rock Cafe they have one over there awesome..I would have figured OUTBACK!

God Bless
Be Safe
Have fun

heather+nicole

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Katey said...

yessssssssss texas. we're taking over the world...even australia :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home