Friday, June 09, 2006

...Friday?

Well... my Friday June 9 only lasted 3 hours. At that moment, I crossed the international date line and it became Saturday June 10. The flight turned out to be 11 hours and 59 minutes. Wow. But you know what? It wasn't bad at all.

My seat number was switched again at check-in which put me at the very fronbt of the plane while everyone else in my group was in the very back. THe first lady to my left was named Lisa and she was older and therefore liked to read and ignore teenagers, but right before the plane took off our other seat-mate came aboard. Anna, an Australian in her early 20s came and sat on my right. Wow! THat made my flight ten times better. First she was very nice. Second, she was very attractive, and third she had the Aussie accent that made her even more appealing. She explained to me that her friend had flown her in to California and now shes on the way back home. She gave me the candy that she had bought for her friend's children. Yes! So we shared her "jollies" (candy) and talked most of the time. THen I finally saw Crash which was an absolutly amazing film. The airline provided us a choice of over 50 movies and games and TV shows to watch. NOt a bad way to spend 11 hours :) "The Best of Simon and Garfunkle" knocked me out and I woke up in time for 2 meals and to watch our decent into Aukland, an amazingly beautiful city. Im now in Roturua and am running out of time so I must sign off.

Ill write back sometime within the next day or so to tell you all about what Ive done. Keep up the postings! Thanks for reading and caring about me!

Love you all
Bill <><

Quote:

"Soccer is a game for Nancy-Boys" - Peter, our bus driver

7 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger heather+nicole said...

I have always known since I have met you that you are more outgoing than I so I am not surprised you found out your seat mates names! I would be the one in the middle of them sitting and staring the whole time at the seat in front of me! I would not have been bold enough to ask their name...so I am proud of you for just being you!
My flight overseas was not so exciting...I went to Europe in the summer of 2004 with SPOA (Spirit of America National Honor Band)and we sat all the way in the back everyone was pretty much grouped together. I was sat between Heather and Jonathan...they both snored, so unfortunately I had no chance to close my sleepy eyes and rest! I have to know someone well before I can sleep beside them especially on an airplane! So my flight over was not great, my flight back was though! Heather and I became friends over the duration of our trip so I sat by her on the way back and I fell asleep which was a good thing it means I was comfortable with her!
But anyways I hope your trip is going great so far!
I am singing special music at The Gathering Place on the 18th so pray for me! I will need all the support I can get, since this is the first time I have ever sung in public before, so tensions will be high! I can't wait to see your pictures, and of course can't wait to see you!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Catherine Ann said...

I am so glad you met some people on the plane. You know me: if I had been separated from the group, I would have pitched a fit!! But they knew you could handle it. I am so glad that everything is going well.
We just heard stuff on the news about New Zeland and I posted a bulletin reading: we heard on the news...that in New Zeland there is this guy they just found that has ties to the 9/11 attacks. Who wants to bet its Bill? Just kidding! be sure to check out his blog: peppertrip.blogspot.com and see what he is up to!
Hopefully people will read it and check up on you. Give everyone my love and don't forget about me while you are gone! I love you very much! *Catherine Ann

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Dad said...

Glad you made it over the big blue lake safe and sound. Your seat mate sounds a lot better than my seat mate! Your cousin Erin has an Austrailian boyfriend, so you might as well have a girlfriend from over there. I trust you got her email info, etc.

Thanks for staying in touch. We love you.

Dad

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Katey said...

Aww yay you're having fun. Catherine Ann said that they found some guy in New Zealand who's been linked to 9/11 and she posted a bulletin on myspace saying, "Who wants to bet it's Bill?" Cracked me up for a good twenty minutes. Hope you're having an amazing time.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger ann said...

Bill,
I was so glad to hear that you were safe. I've missed you so much but I know you are having fun.I wasn't too surprised to hear about your flight you always seem to make the best of every situation.HaHa. How are your ears ?
Dapper seems very depressed with you gone!
Saw Chelsea today she said to tell you Hi!
Hope to hear from you again real soon.
I love you honey,
Mama

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger ann said...

Bill,
I was so glad to hear that you were safe. I've missed you so much but I know you are having fun.I wasn't too surprised to hear about your flight you always seem to make the best of every situation.HaHa. How are your ears ?
Dapper seems very depressed with you gone!
Saw Chelsea today she said to tell you Hi!
Hope to hear from you again real soon.
I love you honey,
Mama

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger ann said...

Bill,
I was so glad to hear that you were safe. I've missed you so much but I know you are having fun.I wasn't too surprised to hear about your flight you always seem to make the best of every situation.HaHa. How are your ears ?
Dapper seems very depressed with you gone!
Saw Chelsea today she said to tell you Hi!
Hope to hear from you again real soon.
I love you honey,
Mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home