Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fraiser Island

Woke up... got on a ferry. Not a bad way to start the day.

And what goes better with a ferry other than Swing Dancing? Of course I did it, yall! Why doubt me? After the dancing I went to front of the ferry and saw the absolute brightest rainbow I have ever seen in my life. Dolphins swam next to our boat. We figured our that if we leaned directly into the wind, the wind would push us back up. Paula and I played out the Titanic scene "Im king of the world!!!"

Eventually we disembarked onto Fraiser Island, the largest naturl sand island in the world. The resort I am at now rivals the Cloister back home....WOW!!! Dinner was interesting... They serve their burgers here with beets, carrots, and a fried egg on top. (Not to bad but not to good neither) After dinner we headed to the pub where we watched the big Rugby game. Such an awesome sport! Ended the day with 4 hours in a hot tub.

The next day I was able to sleep in for the first time all trip. I woke up and did what else? Laundry! Then 4 more hours in the hot tub. After dinner we went star gazing. The Southern Cross is beautifully amazing and amazingly beautiful. Below it runs the milky way. We lied down and watched as 5 shooting stars passed by.

Wake up t 530 tomorrow. Then back to the ferry. Need to sleep... I guess.

It was nice to talk to the Family! Love you all!

God loves you
Bill <><

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger ann said...

Bill,
I didn't know you knew how to do laundry !
I hope you got a picture of you and Paula !

Mama

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger heather+nicole said...

Swing dancing, I don't know much except the very basic, I would love to learn more, I don't know why but everytime I watch someone swing dance or ballroom dance I get butterflies, so maybe that is a sign I need to learn more, so I am able to enjoy myself! Dolphins...i wish I could swim with them sometimes and just leave all the problems behind! Hey it could happen someday! Titanic...the movie...what bliss!
The beach sounds absolutely breath-taking! The food, not so much ugh! no fries! Hot tub doesn't sound to bad right now! Star gazing now that is a amazingly peaceful, yet beautiful way to wind down from the day!

God Bles
Be Safe
Have Fun

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home